Be Informed, Be Educated, Be in the Know:
Did you see the movie Unplanned and now you want to know “now what”? What can I do, how can I get involved, how can I help? The biggest thing you can do is BE INFORMED, BE EDUCATED, BE IN THE KNOW! How? Get information from this website or go to www.rtl.org.
- Participate/Volunteer at local Right to Life of Holland Events – list here under events.
- Promote LIFE in your church
- Call or stop into Right to Life of Holland Area for educational materials
- Become of Right to Life of Holland Area and get updates and newsletters with valuable LIFE information
- During Election time: Be Informed on who the Pro-life candidates are. Research their records on LIFE issues and most importantly VOTE!
- When Pro-Life legislation are being considered in the Senate or House – call your local legislator and encourage them to vote for LIFE and briefly tell them why!
- When Pro-Life petitions are being circulated, don’t just sign; but find out what you can do to help get more signatures, host a petition drive, go door-to-door, make phone calls (will have phone #’s, addresses and a script ready).
- Encourage family and friends to BE Informed and vote LIFE!
- Financially and Prayerfully support Right to Life of Holland Area
- QUESTIONS? Call 616.396.1037
RTLHA Annual 5k Walk/Run
Speaking out on the prolife issues is important!
The importance of Christians and church leaders speaking out on prolife issued cannot be understated! When a congregation or a group of Christians know that abortion is wrong and HEALING from past abortions can be experienced, a true respect for all life (from conception to natural death) can and will be achieved. By remaining silent and inactive on these issue of abortion, we continue the pain of hurting women and men! Silence on abortion, euthanasia, or stem cell transplant/human cloning can send the wrong message. RTLHA clearly speaks out against these atrocities but with love and highlighting the sanctity of ALL human life. We also share that God FORGIVES and HEALS!
While the Bible does not mention abortion or euthanasia it clearly states the value of life. (NIV)
Psalms 127: 3 – Children are a heritage from the Lord…
Luke 1: 15 – …for he (John the Baptist) will bring be a joy and delight to you and many will rejoice… \\
Matthew 5: 19 – Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches the commands will be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.
Matthew 22: 37-40 – Jesus replied, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 25: 40 – “the King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these my brothers of mine, you did for me’… .
1 John 2: 4-6 – The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him. Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
Matthew 5:14-16 – “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Download a FLYER of Pro-Life Bible Verses: ProlifeScriptureReferences
Board of Directors
Doug Walcott – President
Pat Bekius – Vice President
Rich Newhouse – Secretary
Marylou Mast – Treasurer
Honorary Board Members
Diane Mulder (founding member)
Ann Wilson – Executive Director EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Betty Driesenga – Administrative Assistant EMAIL: email@example.com
Sue Lubbers – Administrative Assistant
Ruth Ann Gates – Administrative Assistant: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org