The Consequences of Roe v. Wade
“And God said, Let us make man in our own image, in our likeness, … So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them.” – Genesis 1:26a & 27
Every human life that is conceived is a miracle and a gift from God. How heartbreaking that thousands of these little miracles of God are being destroyed every day. Here at Right to Life of Holland Area we want to be a VOICE for the VOICELESS!!
Since abortion was made legal in 1973, nearly 57 million pre-born babies have been violently destroyed; have been denied the most basic of all rights, the right to life. Our Declaration of Independence calls this an unalienable right.
Abortions since 1973
How many is 57 million?
Here’s a list of states and their populations:
Michigan: 9.88 Million
Wisconsin: 5.71 Million
Minnesota: 5.32 Million
Iowa: 3.06 Million
North Dakota: 683,932
South Dakota: 824,082
Nebraska: 1.84 Million
Kansas: 2.87 Million
Louisiana: 4.57 Million
Colorado: 5.12 Million
Utah: 2.82 Million
Arizona: 6.48 Million
Idaho: 1.58 Million
Arkansas: 2.94 Million
This is approximately how many little pre-born babies, created in God’s image, have been killed since 1973.
Abortion Rate – USA ONLY
Psychological and Social Consequences of Abortion: Women who have had an abortion frequently suffer from anxiety, guilt, pain, depression, irritability, anger, sleep difficulties, nightmares, withdrawal from relatives and friends, pessimism, drug or alcohol abuse and suicidal thoughts or actions.
Hard Cases of Rape and Incest: Women and girls who have been raped are victims of a horrible crime. Abortion, however, does not help a women who finds herself pregnant due to rape or incest, and the child is VALUABLE regardless of how he/she was conceived; the child is not at fault.
Pain of the Unborn Child: While an unborn child can not verbally express the pain he/she feels, all indicators suggest that babies in the womb are capable of feeling pain by 20 weeks!
Planned Parenthood: From 2012-2103 Annual Report, PP performed 327,166 abortion and their revenue exceeded $1.2 Billion. Only 2,197 patients were referred to other agencies for adoptions (that’s nearly 149 to 1). PP downplays the significance of abortions stating that it represents 3% of it service is for abortions. But the reality is that PP accounts for more that a QUARTER of all abortions in the United States of America.
- The annual number of abortions went from 744,600 in the first of year of legalization, to a high of over 1.6 million in 1990. In 2008, there were 1,212,400.
- For every 1,000 live births, there were 510 abortions in 2008.
- There were more than 88,000 second and third trimester abortions in 2005.
- In 2000, more children died from abortion than Americans died in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World Wars I and II, the Korean, Vietnam and Gulf Wars combined.
- Women have cited ‘social reasons’, not mother’s health or rape/incest as their motivation in approximately 93% of all abortions.
- A June, 1999 Wirthlin Poll found that 62% of respondents support legal abortion in only three or fewer circumstances when the pregnancy results from rape or incest, or when it threatens the life of the mother.
- At an average cost of $413, the abortion business is a $500 million a year industry. Nearly half of all abortions are obtained by women who have already had at least one abortion. In 2005, women who had already had 3 or more abortions obtained 19% or over 47,000 abortions each year.
- African/American women represented 12.6% of the U.S. population of women of child bearing age in 2013 but accounted for 30% of all abortions performed that year in America.
- Hispanic/American women represented 13% of the U. S. population of women of child bearing age in 2005 but accounted for 19% of all abortions performed that year in America.
- At least 56% of all abortions are performed on unmarried women.
- 58% of the women are in twenties.
- 61% of the women have 1 or more children.
- 69% are NOT economically challenged.
- 74% of women claim a RELIGIOUS affliation.
- 50% of US women obtaining abortions are younger than 25; women aged 20-24 obtain 33% of all US abortions and teenagers obtain 17%.
- Adolescents under 15 years obtained less than 1% of all abortions, but have the highest abortion ratio, 773 abortions for every 1,000 live births.
- 47% of women who have had abortions had at least one previous abortion.
- Black women are more than 4.8 times more likely than non-Hispanic white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are 2.7 times as likely.
- 43% of women obtaining abortions identify themselves as Protestant, and 27% identify themselves as Catholic.
Note: Statistics taken from the Alan Guttmacher Institute (an arm of Planned Parenthood) and the CDC: Center for Disease Control.
Abortion Statistics: State of Michigan
According to the Michigan Department of Community Health:
- In 2012, the total number of abortions in Michigan was 22,699.
- In 2012, 51% of the abortions preformed on Michigan women were repeat abortions.
- In 2012. 295 abortions were performed in Michigan after the baby was at 20 weeks!
- The number of abortions performed on teenagers dropped again in 2012. Only 13.5% of abortions performed on Michigan women were performed on women younger than 20. In the early 80’s this age group had more than 30% of Michigan’s abortions.
- In 2009, 89.4% of women obtain abortions in Michigan were unmarried.
- 2012 saw 326 abortions performed on women who lived in either Allegan or Ottawa Counties, down from 358 in 2009.
- In 2012, 44.8% of women obtaining an induced abortion were white (down from 51.4% in 2007), 48.0% were black (down from 41.9% in 2007), and 1.9% were Asian/Pacific Islander (down from 2.3% in 2007), less than 3% were American Indian, multracial or of some other race and 3.4% of the women were of Hispanic ancestry.
Think about this:
1 baby is aborted
~every 26 seconds
~137 every hour
~3,304 every day
~23,196 every week
~100,516 every month
~1,206,192 every year
in the United States alone!
Download PDF – Abortion Stats in Spanish